Outdoor first aid training courses
You will learn about possible injuries and illnesses affecting those involved in outdoor activities. We will discuss dealing with an emergency, managing safety at the scene, contacting emergency services and deciding whether to move a patient. We will also cover important techniques including basic life support, controlling bleeding, managing injuries and illnesses and ensuring pain and suffering is reduced as much as possible.
We will use practical examples and make the course relevant to the situations you could face.
We offer the following recognised training courses in outdoor first aid:
- Outdoor eight-hour first aid training. Suitable for anyone who enjoys outdoor activities including walkers, climbers, mountain bikers and horse riders. Also suitable for Climbing Wall Award. (Includes Emergency First Aid at Work six-hour award).
- Outdoor 16-hour first aid training. For those who want more in depth training. Suitable for most national governing body awards including Walking Group Leader, Single Pitch Award and Summer and Winter Mountain Leaders; mountain bike leaders/instructors, DofE (Duke of Edinburgh’s Award) leaders. It is recognised by the British Canoe Union as suitable for the 2 day first aid requirement for coaches. Also meets the needs of the Scout Association’s ‘Full First Aid Certificate’.
- Royal Yachting Association first aid. This one day course focuses on the first aid skills you need to know to deal with unexpected accidents and emergencies in or around water. It fulfils the requirements for professional skippers working up to 60 miles offshore, Boat Masters, ISAF offshore racers and is recommended by the MCA and HSE. We run this course in conjunction with Bristol Maritime Academy, an RYA approved training centre in Bristol’s Underfall Yard.
You will receive a recognised first aid certificate from these courses which is valid for three years.
We can tailor these courses for your particular group or outdoor activity. Contact us to discuss your needs or to go on the mailing list for new dates.
Book a course
- Outdoor first aid course (8 hours). Saturday 2 September 2017. 9:30-17:30. Downend Folk House, Overndale Rd, Bristol BS16 2RW. £70. You will receive a certificate in Outdoor 8 Hour First Aid. Contact us to book a place
- Royal Yachting Association first aid. Wednesday 6 September 2017. 09:30-17:30, Underfall Yard. Bristol. Contact Bristol Maritime Academy to book a place.
- Outdoor first aid course (16 hours). Wednesday & Thursday 4 & 5 October 2017. 9:30-17:30. Downend Folk House, Overndale Rd, Bristol BS16 2RW. £130. You will receive a certificate in Outdoor 16 Hour First Aid. Contact us to book a place
- Royal Yachting Association first aid. Friday 3 November 2017. 09:30-17:30, Underfall Yard. Bristol. Contact Bristol Maritime Academy to book a place.
- Outdoor first aid course (16 hours). Saturday & Sunday 11 & 12 November 2017. 9:30-17:30. Downend Folk House, Overndale Rd, Bristol BS16 2RW. £130. You will receive a certificate in Outdoor 16 Hour First Aid. Contact us to book a place
- See our course diary for all future dates.