Sports and fitness first aid
We offer a number of courses for those who work in the sports and fitness sector which are also suitable for participants and parents:
- Sports first aid (6 hours) – see below for details
- Emergency first aid at work
- Basic life support/CPR (3 hours)
Who is the Sports first aid course for?
Professionals involved in the fitness industry, including self employed, gym instructors, personal trainers and aerobics instructors. Those involved in coaching, helping or participating in sports.
What does it cover?
- What to do in a first aid emergency e.g. initial assessment, recovery position, contacting emergency services
- Cardiac arrest including adult and child CPR
- Heart attack and stroke
- Choking training
- Controlling bleeding
- Assessment, care and management of other relevant injuries and illness including fractures, head injury, eye injuries, spinal injury, asthma, epilepsy and seizures.
- First Aid at Work rules and regulations.
You will get a certificate in Sports First Aid, which is valid for three years. The course complies with the latest European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Book a course
- Sorry, but we don’t have any dates for Sports First Aid courses at the moment, but do get in touch if you are interested as we would like to arrange some soon.
- We can organise a sports first aid course for your sports club. Contact us to discuss your needs.